affordable style

Pretty in Pilotto

February 19, 2014
photo-5

Target has been dabbling in designer collaborations for some time now. Big designers like Philip Lim, Prabal Garung & the like have teamed up with the big box retailer to give budget-friendly mavens like myself the opportunity to get a taste of designer fashion a fair price. Each collection has been better than the last, but none better IMO than the most recent collaboration with Peter Pilotto and his design label partner Christopher de Vos.

Every single piece of this collection is so chic, vibrant and just my style. The problem? None of the pieces go bigger than a size 14. This is a constant source of irritation for me because A, Target’s regular clothing line comes in larger than this and B, hello?? Target, us plus size beauties love fashion too! Maybe it’s a designer thing, I don’t know. Grrr. But I digress. I’m usually regulated to accessories or getting nothing at all. But I was determined to not let that be my fate this time around. I ordered a couple of tops with that hope that my girls (and the rest of me) would fit.

One piece I grabbed is this fabulous mixed print knit shirt (size XL). When I first saw it, I thought, this print needs to be paired with polka dots! And stripes! So I paired it with my ASOS polka dot knit pants and my favorite Forever21 zigzag raffia clutch. I kept the accessories to a minimum because frankly, the look didn’t require much. It’s too chilly for knits so I wore gray tights underneath with my Clarks platform heels (these heels have been a goddess send!).

photo 2-1

photo 1-1

photo-3

photo-4

photo-5

Top, Target (available here), pants, ASOS (similar here, and here), clutch, Forever21 (similar here), shoes, Clarks UK (available here), watch, BCBGeneration, Nordstrom (similar here).

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

• Reply Jaye@Curvatude February 19, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Cute pattern play luv and i wont even start ranting about them NEVER including plus sizes ;/

• Reply sunwillow@gmail.com February 19, 2014 at 3:49 pm

I KNOW! It’s so frustrating, I really don’t understand it. I do wonder if it’s the designers that don’t want plus size customers wearing their brands, and at the same time, Target should be pushing for size inclusion because their customer base isn’t limited to size 14. And thanks for the compliment:-) x

• Reply Danielle February 19, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Love the outfit! Just need plus size fashions in Target for to buy clothes there.

• Reply How Do You Wear It? The Peter Pilotto x Target Collection | The Fashion Bomb Blog : Celebrity Fashion, Fashion News, What To Wear, Runway Show ReviewsThe Fashion Bomb Blog : Celebrity Fashion, Fashion News, What To Wear, Runway Show Reviews February 20, 2014 at 4:58 pm

[…] floral print top with a striped button down, leather skirt, and celery green sandals. Dionna from Made Me Pretty also opted for the green floral top, but went the jazzy route with polka dotted pants. @MsTiraa […]

• Reply sunwillow@gmail.com February 24, 2014 at 4:57 pm

thanks lovey, for the feature! xo

• Reply Elle February 24, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Fun Pattern play! I got a pair of shorts that I’m so happy about. They fit like a diaper haha, but I’m gonna still wear them this summer! LMBO.

• Reply sunwillow@gmail.com February 24, 2014 at 5:26 pm

omg I’m so jealy, I wish my arse would fit into them! haha! this has been my favorite collab to date, so I was bummed (though not surprised) the sizing was limited.